Book List

Friday, January 20, 2012

Peace and Joy.


Peace you seem a fickle friend.
Joy a winsome tease.
Just as I seem to know you,
It feels as though you leave.
Fear, sorrow, and grief,
They come, and take your place.
These guests they are unwelcome,
Sadly familiar in this space.
O, how did I loose you yet again?
I thought we had a deal.
A deal that you would stay and grow,
So sure our bond was real.
How I enjoy your company,
Your presence, it is missed.
Life is ne’re the sweeter here,
Whilst peace and joy, you kiss.
Yet suddenly the truth is known,
Now ‘tis plain to see.
You are not the friend who leaves,
Nay, that fickle friend is me.
The one who turns and leaves is I,
It is me who runs away.
It happens in a simple instant,
When I choose not to stay.
To turn my eyes but for a moment,
To something less than Light.
For fear, sorrow, and grief,
Can seem warm in the cold, dark night.
Peace you are a constant companion.
Joy a faithful friend.
You wait patiently on and on,
‘Till I chose you once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment