Book List

Monday, January 4, 2010

A Reader's Resolution

In lieu of a resolution commemorating the beginning of a new year, I've decided to create a reading list. I just figure I'm setting myself up for success because >one: it's not an actual resolution and >two: my love of the written word will hopefully help in this goal's completion.

A Long Way Gone -Ishmael Beah
On The Road -Jack Kerouac
The Writing Life -Annie Dillard
Unspoken Sermons -George McDonald
Walden -Henry David Thoreau
A Passage To India -E.M. Forester
Return of the King -Tolkein
The Prodigal God -Tim Keller
The Pilgrim's Regress -C.S. Lewis
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years -Donald Miller

Ten books for two-thousand and ten.
I may have my work cut out for me for I will most likely be finishing other books on undocumented lists, but would also like to hear any suggestions you may have. It won't get on this list. Like I said, I'm trying to set myself up for success, not a never ending, ever expanding list. But I love good books. So I'll make a new list-Great Books from Great People. [Coming soonish to a blog near you. That is if you share with me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment